Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Chicken Nuggets

I occasionally post recipes. Here's how to make chicken nuggets, for all you Yankee heathens. It also works with Okra - proof that God loves us.

  1. Cut your chicken in pieces. My children are picky so I use the breasts, but y'all can use whatever you want. Unlike various Yankee impositions, do not use ground mystery chicken meat - unless y'all like eatin intestines, tendons, and feathers. 
  2. Put an egg over them and stir it in. Shades of cooking a kid in its mother's milk, which comes from the Canaanites and is decidedly not kosher. (To the best of my Goy understanding eggs and chicken together are actually kosher and Halaal).
  3. In a quart plastic bag put about 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup corn meal, 1/2 tsp salt, and various spices. I use a mixture of a quarter tsp of chipolte pepper and a quarter tsp of powdered ginger. Actually I just throw it in by eye, but that's about right. (1/4 tsp is officially 6.25 ml for the technically compulsive.) For Okra I only use a pinch of regular pepper. Shake the bag to mix.
  4. Throw the chicken and egg mix into the bag and shake thoroughly. Get every piece coated. 
  5. In a skillet (frying pan) heat about 1/4 inch of cooking oil and put the coated chicken pieces in it. When they are about halfway cooked turn them over. I use a fairly high heat because I like a crispy crust. Since different stoves vary in their heating, your mileage may vary.
  6. Take out, drain on paper towels and enjoy.
This even works in the UK, though in blighty the idea of using so much hot pepper is an anathema. 

No comments:

Post a Comment