Saturday, August 8, 2015

After the convergence #6 8-10 sentences for #WeWriWa

More of Alan's Story.



Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors.  This is a sample from my latest work, and I hope you enjoy it. The story continues. More about Sarah's disappearance. Her mother has just explained how happy she was. Sarah had missed the bus with the other students, and supposedly started the journey in a car on her own. She never arrived at the academy.







I thought for a moment to carefully choose my words; I didn’t want to alarm her, but this had all the hallmarks of trouble. Someone in the resistance easily could have reprogrammed the car. I used to do that for fun, as a prank, but why would they take a teenager?
I’m sure she’s just busy; the Academy is a demanding place.”
Were you ever there?”
Not as a student, I didn’t make the cut.”
How?”
Cleaned floors and washed toilets,” I did a few other things as well, let’s just say I was ‘self-educated’. At least until the machine caught me hacking; then I was an instructor, and working on my dissertation. Until I got fed up and decided to branch out on my own.


This work was recently published and is available for Kindle, including Kindle unlimited. It is a dark, noir detective story set in the near future, after machines have become intelligent. It uses a number of engineering/science puns - the "mutual impedance society." 
Available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment